Friday, February 13, 2009

Gettin' Fine in '09: Week 1

Nothing exciting to report this week, my weight hasn't budged a pound! I am still adjusting to my new work schedule. The first of January, I started working Tues/Thurs during the day while the kids go to MDO, and I close on Wednesday nights. So I haven't been getting my workouts in on Tues/Thurs. I will try next week to at least do some form of exercise on those days. I am really enjoying The Wave though, and look forward to the results. I need to work on my diet also, and limit the sweets. My biggest temptations are Mexican food, soft drinks (mostly diet), and any kind of chocolate! Here are some pictures of me from the beginning of October and the beginning of January.

October '08



January '09

I won't be posting my weight, but I will say I am about halfway to my goal. Here are my measurements from November & January.

November

  • Under Bust- 34"
  • Nat. Waist- 32"
  • Hips- 45"
  • Thigh- 25"

January

  • Under Bust- 33.5"
  • Nat. Waist- 30.5"
  • Hips- 42.5"
  • Thigh- 24"

Next month, I will be weaning my daughter (she will be turning 1 on March 24th!) off breastfeeding, so I am hoping that will help me lose a few more pounds, too. My doctor said that when you are nursing, your body tends to hold on to a couple of extra pounds. I am really happy with my results so far, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I honestly never thought I would be back to this weight again, so I am feeling more confident about reaching my goal. Good luck to everyone participating! I look forward to reading about how you all are doing as well.

Leslie


1 comment:

Sarah said...

You look great! And I'm so proud of your and all your hard work. I nurse my daughter (who's 17 months now) for 8 months. She completely refused a bottle - I mean NEVER had a bottle until 8 months. We tried EVERYTHING, so when she took it one day, I decided not to let her go back. I started trying to lose the "baby" weight when she was just 6 weeks old. I was running 2-3 miles a day and NOTHING was happening. I stopped nursing her in May and started doing Jillian Michaels Making the Cut in June. I've lost 23 lbs. Sure I workout hard, but I honestly think that my body was holding onto weight while I was nursing my daughter.
So, I'm sure your body's probably doing the same thing for you too. It makes me SO mad when I hear people say... "Oh I'm going to nurse my child, I know the weight will just fall off of me because when your nursing your body burns an extra 500 calories a day." Maybe that's true for some women, but it certainly wasn't true for me! I'm just proud that you lasted a full year... good for you. If my daughter would have taken a bottle I probably would have gone longer, just so I could be away from her for more than a few hours.
Keep up the good work!